Wednesday, October 15, 2014

OLD AURORA COLONY QUILT SHOW

Saturday I got an email from Lori at Humble Quilts saying that she was going to the quilt show at Aurora Colony and would I like to meet her there?  Of course!  I got the map out and looked it up on Yahoo maps, and used my GPS to make sure I would be able to get there.  It actually only took me 45 minutes to get to Aurora, OR from home.

While I waited for Lori, I walked around outside and took a few pictures.  It was a gorgeous day.




Lori arrived just when she said she would and we went inside.  My cell phone and the lighting didn't cooperate, so my pictures didn't turn out very well, but we did see some wonderful quilts.  To see other ones, you can go to Lori's blog.

Wool appliqué wall hanging.

My picture of the whole quilt didn't turn out, but this close-up did.
I love the way it was quilted!

The hand embroidered pictures in this quilt were very intricate.
An amazing quilt!

Some quilts were displayed in a "bedroom."
It was fun to actually get out into the countryside and go to this small town.  I really want to go back to check out all the antique shops.  We have been so busy getting settled, we haven't done much fun stuff.

9 comments:

  1. What a fun afternoon and a great quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Love having a pal to go about doing stuff we enjoy!Love old quilts. We have been going to auctions and I will buy the poor old things! Just can't leave them there!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you finally got to have a fun day! Also glad to know you are getting to meet lots of new friends! Miss you here in Texas! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing photos. Isn't fun to be able to share the fun with a friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you and Lori had a wonderful time. Love the quilting too on the quilt you showed in the close up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a fun show and a fun place to explore too.
    Nice to do something besides settling in and unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool place--and how fun to share it with a blogging friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun quilt meet up! cool buildings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a wonderful outing! It gave you a chance to explore your new area and you got a break from unpacking. Spending the day with Lori would be so much fun. Thanks for the pictures of the great quilts, glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete