A design wall has been a top priority of mine since we moved in and now it's a reality! I am so HAPPY!!! This will make quilting so much easier.
Yesterday, we started working on it. DH did the major grunt work. We bought 2 panels of insulation which were 4' x 8'. We had to cut one foot off each panel and then the second panel also had one foot cut off the side, so my total design wall is approximately 7' x 7'.
After cutting them to size, we used spray glue to stick flannel on one side. Then folded it to the back and secured it with duct tape. Thanks so my friend Claudia in Texas, who gave me the instructions! Most blocks will stick on the flannel, but if they are too heavy, I can also hold them on with pins stuck into the panel.
DH then secured them on the top and the bottom with metal Z strips. I had to see some blocks on it so I put up my DJ blocks.
The color of the walls show up good in these pictures. It's a light yellow. My window is on the north side of the house and I will also need to add some additional lighting. One step at a time!
Here you can see the whole design wall which is right behind my sewing machine chair, so it will be very handy. I still can't show you the whole room, but it shouldn't be too long, I hope.
I have all the furniture that I need in the sewing room now, but I still have more organizing to do and some additional things to hang up before I am ready for the full reveal. Monday we're taking a short trip to the coast so it will probably have to be after we get back.
In addition, we're trying to get some yard work done and have had some grass seed planted.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!