Tuesday, February 5, 2013

WORKING ON UFOs

Well, number four on my  UFO list is finished!  It is a table topper that measures 17" x 24" that I saw on Thread Head's blog last year.  I thought it was really cute and asked her if she minded if I copied it.  You can see hers under her "2012 finishes tab."   When we went on our trip to New England, I brought the hexie papers with me and got started with making them.  There are 105 hexagons and I only used the same fabric 2-3 times.  


Number one on my UFO list is the civil war quilt and I just finished putting the top together.  Here's a picture of the center section.  This morning I got the backing and binding ready.  I'm not sure when I will layer and quilt it as I want to get back to working on my DIL's quilt.  I do feel pretty good at getting the CW quilt this far.

Recently I completed four years of blogging and in my next post I plan to have a giveaway, so be sure to come back soon!

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Ruth! You did well!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the setting for the center of the Civil War quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red table mat is beautifully arranged! The CW setting squares and triangles really show off you blocks too. Can't wait to see it all. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting on your hexagon quilt is sublime. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table topper is gorgeous, those feathers look wonderful! I love the Civil War quilt, too. The fabrics are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilting on that hexagon quilt--gorgeous feathers!
    Must feel great to have the CW flimsy done. Do you have a photo of the whole thing? Would love to see it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wonderful work.
    Greetings from GErmany,
    Grit

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to add my compliments on the beautiful quilting on the hexagon runner.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both projects are terrific! You are making such good progress on that UFO list. has it really been four years of blogging? So many wonderful posts and marvellous projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hexies!!! I need to get some more made. :)
    The CW top....great setting. You are getting so much done!!! And everything beautiful.

    ReplyDelete