Sunday, February 10, 2013

CIVIL WAR SAMPLER by Barbara Brackman

 This week I received the autographed Civil War Sampler by Barbara Brackman!!!  As you may recall, I read about one of my blocks being in the book back in late December and posted about it here.  After we returned from Florida and I still hadn't received the book (which Barbara had said was sent to everyone who had a block in the book), I decided to email the publisher, since I couldn't find Barbara's email anywhere.  About a week later, I received an email from her saying she would be sending the book!




My block appears on page 8.  I feel very honored that my block is published and have no idea how she happened to pick it.  




Below is my finished Civil War quilt top.  It is laying on our king size bed and measures about 96" square.  When I finish it I will try to get a better picture.  I'm going to wait to quilt it as I have a quilt to finish for my DIL and when that top is finished I'm going to baste both of them (I hate setting up the tables for just one quilt).  I plan to get both of them quilted within a month.

I used the setting that Barbara Brackman blogged about in her post of November 23, 2011.  This was the second setting in the post and she gave all the instructions for the setting blocks, etc.  It went together very nicely.


Thanks, Barbara!  I really enjoyed making these blocks and looked forward every week to seeing what the next block would be on Saturday mornings.

13 comments:

  1. You have put together one beautiful quilt top! I've got to see it up close and personal when you get it quilted! So glad you got the CW book; congratulations again on being published in it! What a keepsake set --- the book and the quilt together! Hope I get to thumb through the book too! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth!! So glad that your book came!!! I know why she chose your block!! It is beautiful and you do a wonderful job on all your projects!! I love the finished flimsy - looking forward to the finish!!

    Have a blessed, joyful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations of having your block in the book, isn't that exciting! I love your quilt, it is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm thrilled you finally got the book. Your quilt is amazing! I love that setting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool - what a neat story. Your quilt looks wonderful - good luck with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations for being in the book, looking at your quilt I can see why. If I ever get around to putting mine together I like your setting the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great looking block, Ruth. That is why she chose it! : )
    The whole quilt is stunning! Wonderful job. I don't know what the other setting options were, but this one looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats. I have the book too, however mine is not autographed. I did some of the blocks. Now I need to finish it up. Your quilt is beautiful. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! The block is wonderful and your quilt is fabulous! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you got your book! You are published!
    The quilt looks amazing on the bed. I really love that setting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful quilt, Ruth...what a treasure!!!

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two different interpretations of the same block. Congratulations on your block being chosen. Your quilt top is awesome!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! The CW quilt looks great. I purchased the book recently. I have been doing a lot of applique and have not taken time to really look at all the pictures in the book. I did see your block though.

    ReplyDelete