Wednesday, November 21, 2012

MAKING PROGRESS ON SHORT LIST

I thought I would write a post today before I get going on the cleaning and food preparation for tomorrow.  I have made some ornaments that I will post after they are given.  Below is the Santa that I am cross stitching for Eli's ornament.  So, the ornaments are close to being finished.


Doll clothes:  2 pair of pajamas and one "formal" dress completed.
Pajamas for Abby's doll.

Pajamas for doll in my doll bed - doll was my mother's when she was a child.  Poor thing has hair problems.  He is a boy doll and has been wearing a dress for years, so I'm sure he is happier now.

Another dress for Abby's doll.
I'm crossing doll clothes off my short list.  I might make one more dress, but that will be after I have finished all other projects.

I finished "A Christmas Wish" which was designed by Gail Pan. 





Backing for Christmas Wish - Moda fabric that I got at an estate sale.  Didn't really like it & didn't know what I would do with it, so it's perfect for a backing.

 I got this lovely 100% wool jacket at a garage sale and I plan to felt it for future wool projects.


I'm off to do my chores for tomorrow.  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

12 comments:

  1. Fun projects Ruth! Abby is going to have a well dressed dolly:)
    Love your stitchery quilt and the backing is great for that. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doll clothes are still on my list--do you hire out? : )
    You did an excellent job.
    And what a lovely little Christmas quilt. Great way to use up a "not-so-favorite" fabric--who will know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects, especially the Christmas Wish quilt...and I actually love the fabric you used for backing, chuckle...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so wonderful...love the dress!!! Congrats on finishing Gail Pan's quilt. I have one block done...oh wow, maybe someday mine will be finished.

    I hope you and your family enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy, congrats on all the lovely finishes. The doll clothes are adorable and your quilt is so pretty. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great projects! How nice to have your moms doll. I have some of my moms too. He looks much happier in the PJs - There are doll hospitals if you ever want new hair, but I think it gives character.
    great backing fabric and lovely stitchery

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do such a beautiful job on everything. The doll dress is especially pretty.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Santa and the doll dress is amazing! The Christmas quilt is great. I remember those patterns, but never did get anything done with them even if I thought they were great at the time. Maybe I'll go find them...I printed them and stuck them somewhere... Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas quilt is beautiful! All those doll projects will be much loved too!
    Happy Thanksgiving! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  10. The formal dress is gorgeous! I'm so jealous that you're done with your Gail Pan quilt, I have to get mine quilted soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sewing is so lovely and sure shows a lot of patience and attention to detail! Having one son, doll clothes were never a focus - more into Superman and Batman capes:o) Love that you have your Mom's doll - he would be happy next to mine - she is missing quite a bit of original hair too! Just shows how much they were loved...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The doll clothes are so cute! Love that dress. The cross stitch is so pretty.
    You are really getting that list finished.
    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete