Wednesday, November 28, 2012

DONATION QUILTS FINISHED

This morning I finished binding on two donation quilts that I have been working on.  They will go to children's hospital for older kids (one boy and one girl) in the ICU.




Pinwheel quilt for girl made out of leftover HSTs.  The back is a piece of very nice fabric from an estate sale.

Ohio Star quilt for boy - made out of repurposed men's shirts.  The back is men's shirt fabric that I got in a thrift shop.

It always feels good to finish something.  These will be taken to my guild meeting next week and in January or February will be donated  in memory of one of our former members who was a doctor there.  She's the one who got us started making quilts for the ICU and it was a passion of hers.

I'm almost finished with my Christmas ornaments and will be posting them soon.  How are you doing on your short list?

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finishes! My list is going slowly...I need to figure out how I can quilt while I'm at work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is just getting betterer and betterer all the time! I love the border quilting on the boys' quilt. Did you mark the enter of where your "feathers" come back to? Nice work, as usual!

    I like that they are old-fashioned looking, like one would expect a quilt to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worthy projects, Ruth. I'm sure they will be appreciated by the recipients. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Your FMG is really taking off!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing them. That's such a sweet thing to do in memory of your friend, and I'm sure the quilts will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job and what a wonderful thing to do! Check it off your to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of fabrics! They both look so cozy and comfy - some child will feel warm and safe, when wrapped in them. 8-)) LOVE the quilting shots, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure to make some boy and girl very happy when wrapped in the warmth of a quilt made especially for them. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice quilts! I bet the one made with shirts is so soft.
    Love your holiday header!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially love the mens' shirts quilt.

    The new header is spectacular.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your two quilts will be cozy comfort for a couple of kids. The even *look* comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quilts. What a wonderful way to share your talent, donating warm hugs to those in need.

    ReplyDelete