Friday, July 3, 2020

HAPPY 4TH!

I have been very delinquent with blogging lately!  I can't go very many places and stay home a lot, so you would think that I would have more time for blogging, wouldn't you?  

Well, here is something that has been keeping me busy (among other things).  This is Pineapple Nine Patch from the Geometric Gems book by Cathy Wierzbicki.  I started this five years ago and posted 2 blocks that I had made in 2015.  Since then I had made 4 more blocks for a total of 6 and this week I made 10 more blocks and that is all I'm going to make.  However, I will make border with triangles so that all around the edge there will be the pinwheels.  And then an outer border.


Uh Oh!  I just spotted a wonkey triangle and I know there are 2 other mistakes needing fixing.  Maybe I'll fix those today - and then maybe I won't.  I just might want to take a few days break before I make the borders and fix the mistakes.  But I do want to get it finished soon.  It will measure 56" square without the outer border, which I will decide on later.

I hope all of my friends in the USA will have a peaceful and happy 4th!  

9 comments:

  1. I was sitting here giggling (before I read your whole post), and wondering if you had noticed the wonky point. I really didn't think so, because everything you make is perfection at every point! I was trying to decide how to ask if you had seen it, but I really was sure you had. Anyway, I got a giggle from it. It will be another gorgeous quilt! So glad you have decided to finish it!. Texas has gone crazy with corona! The governor has mandated face masks in all 254 counties, except the few counties who have less than 20 (I think) cases. I'll be home alone anyway, but it sure has put a damper on a lot of July 4 celebrations around the State. Hope you and the family have fun, and do be careful! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is quite an undertaking! It's no surprise you took a break, but having it finished will be a great thing. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really fun design, though I think I would have gone cross-eyed trying to keep everything going the right direction. Had it been in my hands there would have been so many more mistakes.
    Great color palette, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be one fabulous quilt! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand this one taking so long to finish, so many pieces. It is paper pieced isn't it? It is worth the work though, it will be gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished. The fabrics are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a happy 4th of July Ruth! Those pineapple blocks look terrific. Are those batik fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 4th of July. I did see the wonkey one. I thought it cute. I had to smile :-) so why not leave it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job! That looks like a time consuming quilt! Happy belated 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this one! I'm glad you have brought it out and plan to finish it. Some quilts just have to wait for the right time. As for having all that time because you're staying home...it isn't working for me either!

    ReplyDelete