Sunday, December 1, 2019

LAP QUILT FINISHED

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We were a small group this year, but we had a great time together.

Here is a picture of my finished Christmas lap quilt made with strips of Christmas fabric.  It measures 60" square.  My grandson is holding it up for me and you can see part of his head and his feet.


There is another close up of the border quilting, thanks to Lori Kennedy's instructions.


I'm participating in a block swap with Barb in Connecticut.  I am making 40 sawtooth star blocks like these:


I love the pink fabric with the dark blue points.  The pink fabric is designed by Kim Diehl for Henry Glass & Co.  

I have one more craft show this coming weekend and that will wind it up for the year.  I think I have all (if not, most) of my Christmas shopping done.  Let's enjoy the season!

5 comments:

  1. Great String Quilt. What fun to use all Christmas fabrics. The Red lattice is just great.
    Your star are pretty nice contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that string quilt!!
    I'm hoping to get my swap blocks completed this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use up all those Christmas scraps. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Christmas String quilt!
    I like your fabrics for your stars.

    ReplyDelete