The State Bird/Flower quilt is finished! Including a label!! So, yesterday I delivered it to my friend. She told me that she had embroidered the blocks around 2000 and that someone had been going to make them into a quilt, but it didn't happen.
Here are some close up views of the border and more blocks. I quilted everything the free motion way, quilting hooked feathers in the borders and in some of the blocks.
The easiest way to quilt the blocks was to stitch around the bird and flowers and then stippling in the white spaces.
For the pelican, I made waves lines because they are a water bird and sometimes I quilted feathers or circles or echoing. I wanted to be sure everything was sewn down well because the batting was polyester.
Here she is with her quilt. She was very happy to have it finished. She is pretty much home bound now, so she hasn't been to church for quite a while. I met her in my Sunday school class a few years ago.
One more project accomplished. I didn't work on any strip quilting this month, so I couldn't link with Humble quilts, but I will do some in March.