Monday, October 23, 2017

SEWING BUS-I-NESS

I have been busy sewing lately (as usual).  I am up to date on the Mode Blockhead Blocks - until Wednesday, that is.  33 accomplished of the 48.  That means 15 more weeks!!!  Now I'm thinking I'll have more than I need for one queen size quilt.  It might help if I figure out exactly how many I will need.  Hee Hee!

Moda #31

Moda #32

Moda #33

I'm also getting ready for a craft sale on Nov. 4.  Some of my recent items are this little wall hanging of a cross stitched cow and pig,  I got the cow and pig cross stitch pictures at a quilt show sale - very reasonably priced.


Another small quilt for a friend.


A Christmas panel with 4 matching place mats.  I quilted around the poinsettias and leaves with the corresponding color.


Here's a close-up.  I don't know if you can see the quilting or not.  The green stripe is the backing fabric,  The border is quilted with gold thread,


I also made another table runner with matching placemats, but I still need to get some binding for it.  More sewing to be accomplished this week.

7 comments:

  1. You have been very busy in the sewing room (or wherever you sew).
    If you have been making 2 of each of the Moda blocks, you are going to have a good sized quilt in the end! They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed you have been in the sewing bus-i-ness! And it all looks beautiful! Wish I were getting that much done! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love your little quilt for a friend. It is so darling! Love the cow and pig too. Were they already made when you bought or were they a kit you had to make? They are so cute. Congrats on finishing all these beautiful projects. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good projects happening in your sewing room Ruth. The Moda blocks look terrific and I'm looking forward to the final quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blocks, you have been busy -
    good luck with the craft fair, the animal cross stitch are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have accomplished much! Your Blockhead blocks are looking great. The little cross stitched cow and pig is adorable and the other projects are so pretty. Enjoy your stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been the best kind of busy, I think!

    ReplyDelete