Wednesday, June 15, 2016

DESIGN WALL REVEALED

A couple months ago I found a set of red work vehicles that was started, but not finished.  I think 2 of them were done.  So I bought them and now I'm working on the last one.  I will put them together into a baby quilt when they are all finished.



Here's my second pink and brown HST doll quilt.  Not layered yet, but the top is done.  And I have a bunch of brown and pink ready to make another one.  I will sell these on my Etsy site.  They are so cute that I couldn't stop.  I have a bunch of triangles ready to sew together as leaders/enders.


Next, I have caught up on the Westerning Women blocks from Civil War Quilts.   I made the April and May blocks.

May Block

April Block
Here are the five 12 1/2" blocks up on my design wall.


I was planning to go with red, white and blue colors, but when April's block came up, I decided to go with greens - makes sense, right?  The blocks finish at 12" and she's going to do 12 of them, one for each month this year.  I might make a few more blocks so I can get a queen size quilt out of it.  

Hope you get some quilting in today!

7 comments:

  1. The redwork is adorable and will make a great baby quilt. The pink and brown mini is so pretty. I have a fairly big stack of pink and browns collected. It seems that I just want to hoard them because I can't seem to maker myself start cutting them up. (Like there will never be any more pink and brown fabrics?) The BOM is looking great. I am trying to start finishing some UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making four tree blocks....one in each "season" color .... winter, spring summer and fall.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pink and brown mini-quilts! And your Westering Women blocks are lovely, we've done similar things with this BOM, making our blocks in varying colorways. I'm thinking of adding a central appliqued medallion to make mine larger. Still thinking whether to set the blocks on point or straight across. It's a fun BOM though and always enjoyable reading the historical notes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doll quilt is so very cute, and the red work vehicles will be very special. I check out the Westering Women blocks regularly, and even considered making them. Then I remembered I still have all those first CW blocks I haven't put together yet, not to mention my latest 2" blocks project I need to quilt. So...I'll just enjoy seeing your blocks. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a sweet baby quilt in the making there. Nice to see you rescue those neglected blocks.
    You know I love the HST quilt. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun red and white subject! they are neat.
    great WW blocks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love red work, it is one of my very favorite styles. As for quilting, you dear friend are amazing! I would love to send time with you and glean for your mass knowledge of the craft.
    Have a lovely day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete