Wednesday, June 8, 2016

DEAR JANE PROGRESS

I just finished Row M of my Dear Jane quilt.  This means that I have the main portion consisting of 5"  blocks finished!!!  I had set the goal to get this part of the blocks finished by the end of June.  

Row M
 I had to put all the blocks up on my design wall so I could take a picture.

Rows A - M
There are 13 blocks in 13 rows for a total of 169 blocks which will measure 4 1/2" when finished.  Each one is different and has different main fabric (background fabrics have been reused in some blocks).  Some of the blocks have more than 40 tiny pieces to them.

I have purchased fabric for the sashing and backing.  Now, I will be taking a break from DJ due to family matters during the summer.  I have 10 of the triangle blocks made and I may take time to make one of those now and then.

It took me a long time to decide to go ahead and make this quilt because I really couldn't see how I would be able to make all these complicated blocks.  So now I want to encourage you if you are thinking about making one - yes, you can do it.

Maybe you need to be a little nuts (or a lot) to make this quilt, so there must be a lot of nutty women out there.  I admit, I am one of them!

I'm sure I never would have done this if it wasn't for the fact that with blogging you see all kinds of beautiful quilts and get so much encouragement from other quilters.  Thanks, quilters!

13 comments:

  1. I am very impressed. I started this quilt but put it aside. Seeing you wonderful blocks I think I need to dig out my blocks and continue to work on it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

  2. Congratulations on completing all your center blocks. Job well done. It will be beautiful when completed so keep on stitching. WOW!

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! well done..keep on.
    I have the book & have been thinking about it..I have too many wip's though.

    Debra in Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Ruth! It is wonderful and will be even more with the triangles. Yes, you are right, family matters have first priority. Dear Jane is patient and will wait for you lol. Have a wonderful summer. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Ruth. It is beautiful. It will be even more with the triangles so don't give up. You can do this. I totally agree though, family matters have first priority. Have an excellent summer. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your blocks. I am in awe of this quilt. but afraid of all those tiny pieces. You are really providing some inspiration. Maybe I will get brave enough to give it a try.
    Enjoy those fast summer months, quilting will wait for us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dedication and determination to make all those little blocks is amazing! Your quilt will be incredible when you get it together someday. I think you know you have inspired me many times over the years, but that won't be happening this time! I probably won't live as long as it would take me to finish all those tiny blocks and then get them together! I'm just going to enjoy looking at yours. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful blocks, Ruth! I am very impressed. I started this, but it's in the undone pile. I think you have jarred my interest again. Thank you for that! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth, what an accomplishment! Each block is precious and all together they looks amazing! You should be so happy with yourself. Family stuff is much more important, but I hope you get to squeeze in time for a triangle or two over the summer. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is a great accomplishment! I have no doubt that a year from now you'll be quilting or even binding this beauty. More power to you! I am not tempted, I am not tempted, I am not ... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That must feel incredible to have those blocks finished! Congratulations! I had planned to make this quilt one day, but I am facing the reality that I will never do all that applique. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing and so are your blocks and anyone that attempts this quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing!!!! Your monthly progress reports are fun to see, but seeing all of the blocks gathered together like that really makes an impression.

    ReplyDelete