Tuesday, September 1, 2015

SOME DEAR JANE BLOCKS FOR AUGUST

I decided that I needed to get some DJ blocks done for August and managed to finish 6 of them.  Don't examine too closely!

B-9 has been languishing for quite a while and I finally finished the hand sewing on it.

B-9

D-11

D-5
 I ran out of the background fabric and had to substitute another one on 2 corners for D-9.

D-9
 Ran out of the red before I finished, so I just left the red border off.  I need to remember that with PP you waste quite a bit of fabric.  :-(

D-10
 I love this one!  So easy after all the other PP!

D-13
I also started another one and might try to stay with this a couple more days before putting the DJ box away for a while.  How did Jane Stickle come up with all these different designs?  Some of them are ridiculous!  Thank goodness she put in an easy one every so often (like D-13)!

8 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it, but you do a great job. I could never stick with it, if by chance I could make any of the blocks! Hang in there; you'll have another gorgeous quilt someday. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Some of them are ridiculous!"
    You made me laugh. My sentiments exactly! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your patience is unending my friend, to stick with this project and all its tiny fiddly pieces. My hat's off to you! I wouldn't have noticed you had run out of the black on that one block if you hadn't mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way too complicated for me but I think you've done a terrific job. It's going to be a super quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so much fun to figure out though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blocks. I too have wondered how she came up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blocks! I'm not sure how Jane came up with all of these either because so many of them are like nothing I've ever seen before. She must have been a creative lady - too bad she's not with us any more to share her inspirations. (Wouldn't that be an amazing trunk show?)

    ReplyDelete