Sunday, September 13, 2015

PHILOMATH, OREGON QUILT SHOW

Yesterday my next door neighbor (and former Texas resident like me) went to Philomath, OR for their yearly quilt show.  It was held at the Scout Lodge, which is a wonderful facility.  We left home about 7:45 AM and arrived there a little after 9:00.  

We had a great time looking at quilts and vendors wares and ate lunch outside at the lodge.  It was a beautiful morning (the afternoon was beautiful too, but very hot)!

Here are some of the quilts that were shown.  As you will see, they also had quilts hanging all around the building for a wonderful display.





This one might be my favorite.

Or maybe this one is my favorite!

A lovely setting!

The answer is "Yes!"





After lunch we decided to go check out some quilt shops.  The first one was JanniLou Creations in Philomath, OR.  After entering the front room of the shop, which was nice,  I saw a door and when I went in there my eyes popped open and I thought, "Yes!  This is what I like!"  It was wonderful!  Lots of quilts on the walls and darling wall hangings...and fabric galore.  When I checked out their web site this morning, I was disappointed to see that they don't actually sell fabric on line.  I would love to visit this shop again.

This is what I got at JanniLou's Shop:




We also visited The Quilt Loft in Albany, OR, where all the fabric is $8.00 per yard and FQs are $2.00!!!  The only exceptions are the backing fabric which is $12.00/yard and solids $6.00/yard!  You sure can't complain about that!  Their web site is down right now, but you might want to check it out later.
2 half yards for $4.00 each!

One of the booths at the quilt show was an Etsy.com shop, Annabelle's Stash.  I got a great deal on 9 FQs for $12.00.  Her web site is closed right now too, but will reopen Monday.

The white FQs are from Annabelle's Stash and the colored ones are from Silver Quilts.

I came home happy and tired!  It was fun to see some towns that I haven't been to before - and their quilt shops.


10 comments:

  1. Hello Ruth !
    As I read, you spent a wonderful day with your friend, between these beautiful quilts and lovelies purchases !!
    Thank you for sharing with us !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Ruth! What a super quilt show and terrific location. You picked some really nice fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so fun that you have a quilter and former Texan for a neighbor. Nice to have a friend to share quilty road trips.
    Looks like a great setting for a quilt show.
    And you did some nice stash enhancing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out! And thanks for supporting us at the show! We hope the whites go great in whatever project you do with them! ~Callie and Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out! And thanks for supporting us at the show! We hope the whites go great in whatever project you do with them! ~Annabelle's Stash

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you and your friend had a great time at the quilt show and shopping the quilt shops. Lots of beautiful quilts there! Thanks for sharing. A friend and I are looking forward to going to two shows this week-end too; wish you could go with us! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great way to spend the day! Those are some wonderful quilts and I like all of your new fabrics. They are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Snail's Trail quilt. That is not the easiest to piece. You have to think as you stitch to be sure to get things going the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great variety of quilts and I love the few signs you managed to include. (note to self for future guild quilt show...) And you sure found some great fabrics (I love the ledger fabric) and some great bargains. I might have to check out that website for the $8.00/yard fabrics. Thanks for taking us with us to the show!

    ReplyDelete