Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A FINISH AND A FEW MORE QUILTS FROM SHOW

Several years ago I bought this "Pumpkin Patch" pattern designed by Heart to Hand for wool appliqué.  I don't know why it took so long to decide to make it up, but I decided I needed some more fall decor, so I finally made it.  Wool appliqué is really fun and quite easy.  I have a whole bin full of wool, some of which I bought at thrift shops and felted myself.  The backing for this table runner used to be a wool blazer, and I believe the crows were a skirt in their former life. 


Here are a few more quilts from the Philomath Quilt Show.  Red and white is always good!


This scrappy quilt is very appealing.


I love this star quilt with all the blue fabrics.


Just a quick post!  I have many projects going on and I will show you some progress soon.

6 comments:

  1. Your wool project is cute; something I've never tried. Those show quilts are really inspiring. Wish I had more time to make every one of them! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute table runner and just in time for Fall! The quilt pictures are beautiful, I can't wait to start on a new project here. It will be a while before that can happen though. I look forward to seeing your new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute wool piece for Fall. I love thrifting wool. It is addictive. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and I love that little wool runnner. As many times as we've driven thru Philomath I've never stopped at that quilt shop, though I've heard good things about it. Maybe this trip ...
    In Buffalo WY tonight. Having a great trip and looking forward to getting to the Willamette Valley and Mac again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a darn cute wool project and perfect for Fall. I could take the red/white quilt and scrappy quilt home with me any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wool applique project, also the star quilt.

    ReplyDelete