Tuesday, June 30, 2015

RANDOM SEWING, ETC.

 I bought these blue triangles at a garage sale for $1.00 back when I lived in Texas and decided to finally get them sewn up.  There was some white fabric with them, but not enough, so I found some other white on white to finish them.




There are about 60 HSTs in this batch.  I'm sure I will find a way to use them one of these days!

A friend of mine gave me a ticket to the garden club tour of 5 beautiful yards.  I went on Sunday and took a few pictures.  Remember, these are pictures of garden club members - not my yard.  These 3 pictures were taken with my cell phone, so they aren't real sharp.

These poppies are huge!

Beautiful hydrangea bush!

Fairy garden


OK - here is a picture of a tiny section of my flower garden.  The Calla Lily just came up while we were away and now has one little flower!  Woo Hoo!


Little by little, I'm getting my yard in shape.  When we moved in, it didn't have a lot of things in it except some huge, ugly bushes.  I dug 2 of them out and I've been putting in flowers as I come across things I like.  

8 comments:

  1. Those HSTs were a bargain and will make a super project. I adore your hydrangeas (among my top 5 favourite blooms). So there really are fairies at the bottom of the garden - I always thought it a myth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful flowers/gardens!!! I especially love the calla lily!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness, that fairy garden is so cute!
    And your lily is absolutely gorgeous. It has an ethereal quality about it. I half expect a fairy to pop out of it any minute. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely garden tour, but I think your single calla lily is good competition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinwheels! Good deal on the squares. Lovely gardens. Love your Calla Lily.
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blues/whites are going to make a very pretty quilt! True, the mega flower gardens are pretty but almost overwhelming; I rather like the simplicity of yours! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower garden is lovely; I enjoyed the pictures. Here in Ohio we have had too much rain and the flowers are droopy without the sun. Your fairy garden is especially nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure the blue and white hst will be put to good use. Lovely gardens! Your calla lily is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete