Saturday, February 28, 2015

END OF FEBRUARY

Thanks for everyone's comments and encouragement regarding my carpal tunnel syndrome!  Guess what?  I haven't stopped sewing yet, exactly!  I'm waiting for my first therapy session on Monday and then will see what the therapist recommends.

In the mean time, I put up some of my log cabin blocks onto my design wall.  I finished the blocks quite a while ago and have been occupied with other things, but wanted to see how it would look.  This is only some of the blocks.  I have enough to make a queen sized quilt.  I saw this in a quilt shop when Beth took me on our own shop hop several years ago.  And I decided to make one like it.  It may take me a while, but I will get it finished.  The blocks finish at 4 3/4".


Then, I received an order for antique looking doll bed sheets and quilt from someone and needed to get them finished before my therapy starts.  Below is the pillow, top and bottom sheets that I made from "aged" muslin.  I made the bottom sheet to slip on and button with real antique buttons.


I also finished the binding on this table runner!  I will be linking it with QuiltShopGal's weekly "Creative Goodness" blog.  The table runner will live on my coffee table.






BTW, for those of you who aren't aware, when you add a photo to Blogger, you can leave it the way it loaded (which is medium), or you can click on the picture and then click on "Large" or "X-Large."  I usually make mine "Large", but today I made the picture of the table runner and the log cabin blocks "X-Large."  Can you tell the difference? And when you click on the pictures and it puts them all together to browse through, does it make a difference?  I really like to see pictures larger and hope that if you didn't know about this feature that you will try it.

23 comments:

  1. I really like your Log Cabin layout, but queen-size with 4 3/34" squares?? I cannot imagine! But knowing you, I'm sure you'll get it done. Your table runner quilting is great! I know the variable size picture thing is there. but I usually use the Medium; I'll have to try the Large if I ever get anything quilted worthy of close examination! We're still covered with ice today! Did I tell you I'm ready for Spring??? Yeah, I think I did! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! And Thank you for the pictures!
    I just love when you can see them even larger when clicking on them!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are a dedicated log cabin maker to make a queen size quilt with blocks that small. It looks fabulous and I applaud you for sticking with it. What a wonderful finish this will be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful projects Ruth, I love your log cabin quilt, its going to be stunning, and that table runner is just adorable. Did you quilt it yourself, I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your log cabin quilt. I too have suffered from Carpel Tunnel for years. It seems to be worse when I hold water...go figure. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your log cabin is amazing. Love the layout. You have allot accomplished this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your log cabin will be stunning. I love the quilting on your runner. I'm not very confident quilting all-over patterns like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a good sign about the carpal tunnel. Your Log Cabin blocks are fantastic. What a super quilt it will make. The quilting on your table runner is delightful. Is that freehand?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many pretty projects! But, the log cabin is my favorite - one of my favorite blocks and of course, the smaller the better! This is going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love your logcabin blocks! So small and so many of them, great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The log cabin is looking fantastic. Your table runner is beautiful. Your FMQ is so lovely, wish I could do that.

    Good luck with therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look what you've accomplished WITH carpel tunnel! Crazy quilter! LOL
    I love all you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm happy to hear you are squeezing in a few projects before PT starts. You have been so busy. The log cabin blocks are so pretty, love the colors you are using. The doll bed items are adorable. I have to find myself an old doll bed to use for some of my little quilts. The table runner is so pretty, nice fabrics there, too. Good luck with the PT, hope you can keep stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like everyone else, I am enthralled by the vibrancy of your log cabin blocks. What a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the log cabin, wonderful project.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. What you are doing with your photos is wonderful. The quilting shows up so great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The log cabin is really striking when you get all the blocks together and back up from it a bit. And for someone who has been told they have something that would slow most people down, you sure are productive! I guess it's all in how you decide to handle it. I like your attitude - do it until someone tells you you can't! I hope your therapist has told you sewing is GOOD for you because it would be a shame to waste this talent.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous!! Thank you so much for linking with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Log Cabin Quilt is amazing, a Blue Ribbon Winner! I really like the antique looking doll bed sheets too. Hoping your treatment will help your carpal tunnel. I just realized about the picture sizing myself this week. Can't believe I did not notice this feature earlier. I could see other people have larger pictures and I wondered how they did it. It is good that you shared this with others.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love, love, love your Log Cabin quilt! It is going to be a stunner. I am determined to make a Log Cabin this year, even if it is just a small one. Very pretty table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your log cabin setting. I made the same size blocks - they are so sweet at that size!
    love your Stars
    yes, the big picture is great. I enlarge all of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I admire your beatful Log Cabin blocks. It is a pattern I will try to make in the future. I wish you the best because of your Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you're feeling okay. Your LC is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete