It was time to change from my summer purse to a winter purse, but I was tired of the one I had been using for a few years. I decided to make one and I had received a pattern a couple years ago from Barbara in a drawing. I looked it over and decided it might make a good purse for me.
I had the pattern and I wanted to use fabric from my stash, so I started trying to find some fabric. I picked out a piece of upholstery fabric that I either got at a garage sale or from someone in my guild - I didn't remember which. Then I picked out some fabric that I liked - and that went with it - for the lining, pockets and handles.
|Here is the outside of the bag done. The only thing I purchased to make it was the magnetic closure for $1.00.|
|Here I'm making pockets for the inside lining.|
|One side has a huge zippered pocket that is equal to the whole side.|
|Here it is finished.|
|View of the inside with stuff in it.|
|One inside section with pockets along the side.|
|The two zippered sections, one is a divider for the middle.|
As I was literally digging around looking for purse fabric in my sewing closet, I also found some other upholstery pieces and decided to make a couple of these little bags. I like this for keeping just some money and a cell phone for when you don't want to carry the larger purse around. They make nice little gifts, too.
|I like these little zipper pulls that I purchased several years ago to use on little pouches.|
|This is the pattern I used for the little bags.|