Wednesday, July 20, 2011

QUILT SHOPS IN MONTANA

Now that we had a little extra time, it seemed like a good idea to visit a couple quilt shops!  I looked up American Patchwork & Quilting's website to search for a few shops.  I came up with a list and also got some suggestions from Jennifer, who commented on my last post.  Thanks, Jennifer!  I did stop at Quilters' Corner in Deer Lodge, MT.  The owner has the shop packed with all kinds of tempting things and said that she does a big on-line business.  


The next day we were in Bozeman, MT and we were too early for one of the shops, so continued on to Reproduction Fabrics.Com.   I didn't know if they had a store front or if they would be open.  It was located in an office building.  The sign on the door said the hours were 12 to 3 PM.  But there was a phone number to call Margo for an appointment.  I decided I might as well call.  She told me she was on her way over and would be there in a couple minutes.  Yea!  Margo Krager is a font of information and even provided me with hand-outs containing information on reproduction fabrics, quilt styles, etc.  This is what I bought.

I also got these fabric reproduced labels.  I'm going to put these on some bags.

Yesterday we found a camping site rather early in the day, so I was able to do some sewing.  I made the latest Civil War block and did some other piecing.

Today we plan to go to Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument.

7 comments:

seventhsister26 said...

I love shop hopping on road trips;) Glad the store owner was coming in and you were able to get a personlized discussion with her;)
Happy Traveling!!

Liriopia said...

Love the old building, looks like a bank! Great purchases, especially the labels.

Liri

Beth said...

Looks like that stop was great.
Love your latest block.
Those labels are so cute.

---"Love" said...

That block and those fabrics are great! Thanks again for the trip pictures! ---"Love"

a good yarn said...

How fun to be able to include a shop hop in your travels! Lovely fabrics and that's a very nice block. Delighted that you are having so much fun! Ann :-)

Lori said...

I love Margo's shop online! I'd love to visit in person.
Gorgeous block!!

Jeanne said...

Wish I was shop hopping with you! Your Civil War blocks are gorgeous!