Sunday, July 3, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: The Lady of Bolton Hill

The Lady of Bolton Hill by Elizabeth Camden was given to me by Bethany House Publishers in exchange for me reviewing it on my blog.




The story takes place in 19th century Maryland and opens with a tragedy at the steel mill where Daniel Tremaine’s father dies.  Further tragedy leaves Daniel to raise his three younger sisters.  His life is fueled by resentment.  While he grew up in a poor family, he was very intelligent and talented.  His love for music led him to Clara, the daughter of an influential minister and publisher of the Christian Crusade.

There are many twists and turns in this book and it was an enjoyable read.  I don’t want to give the story away.  Read it for yourself.  I would give it 4 (out of 5) stars.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Now if I could just find time to read it! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip regarding this book and just need to find the time to read it!

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like my kind of book.
    I recently red the Kitchen House and I give that one 4 out of 5 too.
    Set in Virginia pre civil war era

    ReplyDelete