Sunday, January 13, 2008

Granddaughter's quilt

I have been spending most of my spare time this week working on my granddaughter's quilt.  She wanted it tyed instead of quilted the regular way.  In one of my quilting books it showed a way of doing it where you make an "X" and then with a long doll needle pass the thread between the layers to the next location, so that is what we are doing.  She and I worked on it at first, then they left to return home to Oregon and there was still at least 3/4 of the quilt left to do.  This takes longer than I thought it would and it isn't very much fun, but I am almost finished with the tying.  Tomorrow night I will take it to my quilters guild meeting for show and tell.  I am very proud that my GD wanted to do it (it was her idea all along) and that she designed it herself.  I'll post another picture of it before we send it off.

In the mean time, I will finish embroidering the pictures for the baby quilt today and I will start on that quilt as my next project.  My DS and DIL (the expectant parents) will be returning back here where my son will attend a job fair at the airport (he's a pilot in the Air Force now, but will be getting out later this year).  I might also put a large quilt for them in the pipeline because when they got married I hadn't made a large quilt yet and only made a lap quilt/wall hanging 60x60.  

I ordered the book Simple Gifts to Stitch so I can participate in Finny & Donk's Sewing Adventure.  See finnyknits.blogspot.com.  It looks like it might be a good way to get a head start on Christmas gifts!  We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Connie's blog, and I'll be back!

    You have some nice work and great things to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see her quilt! Very Oregon colors ;0) You and her make a great design team!

    ReplyDelete