Thursday, January 31, 2008

Current projects

I've been very lax at adding to my blog. I've been busy working on the baby quilt for our newest "on the way" addition to our family. I have the blocks ready to put together. Below is a small section. I think it will turn out really cute and plan to hand quilt it as I really enjoy hand work.
In fact, I really need to have hand work available at all times. So I picked up these grandmother's flower garden blocks that I had started about five years ago. I decided to work on finishing a lap quilt out of them. I'm enjoying the task more than I thought I would!
I have been checking a lot of quilting blogs and Bonnie Hunter's web site has a lot of really good ideas. I have started sewing some 2 1/2" squares together as beginning and endings so I can keep my chain quilting going. It is so neat! I've got a little stack of them already.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading back through your posts. And the pix--beautiful quilts. Your DG did a wonderful job on designing her quilt. I hope her interest in quilting continues.
    I am a long time quilter in CA and enjoy meeting other quilters on the internet. I'm bookkmarking your blog, so I'll be checking back from time to time.
    Blessings,
    Linda H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth, I've been had a great time reading your blog. Your quilts are beautiful. Isn't Bonnie fabulous. She has the best ideas and is so generous in sharing them.
    I, too, will be back to visit.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. I like these quilts you are working on. The stitchery quilt will be perfect for your new grandchild. Love the old-fashioned look of the hexagons. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little bluework quilt is adorable. How fun to have a new baby coming!

    ReplyDelete