Friday, April 26, 2024

Mystery Quilt Display


 I just finished the top of the Mystery Quilt.  Here is a picture of it.  Since I was on a trip (more details below) I didn't really complete each step as it was given and until I saw the final picture, I just couldn't imagine what it was going to look like.  It really was a mystery!


The next step, of course, will be to find a backing fabric and then quilt and bind it.

I recently took a trip to visit my sister near Chicago and from there I went to Kansas City, KS to visit our youngest son and his family.  My husband joined me there and we had a wonderful time with our 2 grandsons, ages 13 and 15.  They are such sweet and loving boys!  The dog, Olaf, thinks I'm his grandmother too!

One night we were all watching a movie in our PJs and Olaf squeezed into my chair with me.   

Of course he had to be able to watch the movie too!  The family is so busy and one day I ran a errand for them.  As I was just ready to go home, I caught the word "quilts" out of the corner of my eye and thinking quickly, I turned into the shopping center to look for a quilt shop.  I found it and saw they were having a "going out of business" sale!!!  All fabrics were 40 - 45% off!!  This is what I purchased.  Some of the pieces are large enough to use for backings, but I don't yet know how I will use them.  See them below.
I didn't get the Christmas fabric there, but saw it in another town and decided to get it because I had never seen it before and I really liked it!




When we returned to McMinnville, this beautiful sight greeted us!



Happy quilting this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment