Wednesday, March 20, 2024

iPad Cover

I recently purchased an iPad and realized that I would need a case to keep it in when carrying it out and about.  I looked on Etsy for a pattern to use and found one at the Napkitten Pattern Etsy site.  I was rather intimidated when I saw that there were 27 pages of instructions!  I dug out some fabric from my stash and had enough fabric and elastic.  The only thing I had to purchase was one yard of heavy duty iron on interfacing.  I followed the directions carefully and after 1 1/2 days it was finished.


I was finally able to use this piece of vintage upholstery fabric that I had purchased at a garage sale years ago.  I also had the red fabric and gold fabric that I used.



It can stand up for watching a program on it or following a recipe in the kitchen.


 I was pretty proud of myself after getting this finished!   

My quilt guild has a UFO challenge and we had to make a list of 5 items that need finishing.  Then at the meeting, there was a drawing and number 3 was picked, meaning that we have until our May meeting to finish it.  The one that was #3 is a baby quilt that I am almost finished with, so I won't have any problem finishing it on time.  If you look at my March 3 post and scroll down to see what is on my design wall, the baby quilt is hanging on the right side.  It looks like it is finished, but the hexes need to be all sewn together by hand.  Most of them are sewn together already and there are five or six left.

We have had a few gorgeous days here in Oregon and have really enjoyed it.  The trees are blooming and the daffodils have been out for a few weeks.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment