Friday, June 23, 2023

Willamette Valley Quilters - Quilt Show

 Again, I have to apologize for being so slack when it comes to blogging.  You have heard the excuses before, so I won't belabor them again.

Last weekend was the quilt show for a guild that I am a member of (and am not on the board).  The show was a huge success and was held in McMinnville, OR (we meet in Dayton, OR).  I will show some of my favorite quilts from this show now.





A 91 year old quilter made this.  Such a sweet lady!  I had met her and her 
daughter during my morning walks and then they joined the
same guild I am in.




I think this one was one of the most impressive quilts and I took
a picture of the info sheet - I hope you can read it.



When a new neighbor moved in across the street, I was delighted
to find out  she was a quilter and she joined this guild also, so we take
turns driving.  This is a



This one was made by a friend in my other guild and I really like it.
It looks like a simple design and the 9-patches and squares are 
easy to make, but to get them all in the right spot isn't so easy.  I want to
make something similar some day.


The following is a little item I made for my granddaughter - who loves to sew.  I got the alphabet designs from Elefantz Embroidery (on Etsy).  She has tons of lovely embroidery patterns and I have made some of them before.  This little cushion/pin cushion measures about 5" x 7" and it has a pocket.  The tatting was added because Angela loves tatting (as I do) and I had bought some at a garage sale.  I cut off some to put on top of the black and used fray check on the ends, then I sewed the tatting on by just catching the top circles with thread.

I will be a vendor this weekend at the Yamhill County Fairgrounds in McMinnville, OR and have several red, white and blue patriotic items to sell:  table runners, throw pillow covers and wall hangings.

Thanks for visiting and have a very happy Independence celebration!!

4 comments:

  1. Now that is really a quilt for the car! So clever and such an enormous amount of work. Dotti in CT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing this quilt show, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great collection of quilts you shared - it must have been a good show! And I'm glad to know you're still around, making quilts, even if finding time for blogging is hard. The little pincushion is sweet. I've seen some of her patterns and really like them, but know my attention span for embroidery is not good enough to tackle one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice quilts! I look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete