Thursday, November 10, 2022

How Did it Get to be November Already?

 I'm trying to think about what I have been doing for the last month!  The usual, I guess - sewing a lot and making thing to sell.  I just participated in one craft show and have 2 more in December.

First I want to show you my finished challenge that I told you about October 7.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  I've never been good at "challenges" before, but this time I knew right off the bat what I wanted to do and here it is.


I picked 4 of my favorite animals from Beatrix Potter's books.  I love some of the names she used, like "Mr. Tittlemouse" and "Jemima Puddleduck."  

Now, I'm working on some cat potholders.  I got the pattern when one of the quilt guilds that I belong to had a sale where people brought things they weren't going to use.  I saw the cat pattern and bought it because I have a few family members that love cats.  I am making 8 of them and will give them to people for Christmas (if you read this and are one to these family members, please forget that I mentioned this).  I have the faces almost finished.  


I also got this 9-patch quilt top pieced and basted.  These 3" blocks were from a block exchange that "funwithbarb.blogspot.com" had a few years ago.  I just love this quilt and will not sell it or give it away!  The border is from the same sale as the cat pattern.

My main job this week and next week is getting ready for our youngest son and his family to come here for Thanksgiving.  I will mainly be doing some baking and cleaning!  Birthdays will be celebrated also - 5 of them in November and early December and they will all be here.  What fun!!  Of course, I can't believe how old my sons are getting to be - my baby will be 50!!

I do have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season.  We all need to take time to be thankful for all our blessings.

5 comments:

  1. I love reading all you post about your quilting. Love the 9-patch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitty potholders are cute, but I'd have a hard time using them - poor kitties! The 9-patch quilt is wonderful and such a fun treasure with all the swapped blocks. The Miss Potter quilt is also adorable. I can't believe it is November either, particularly because it is 76 and sunny here. We usually have snow on the ground some by now, but I took good advantage and finally vacuumed out my car so it will be nice and tidy to get all messy again this winter. (Oh well, at least it was clean, right?!) Cleaning house is never fun, but if you've got family coming, that's a nice win for all the effort. We have lots of Novembet birthdays in the family too and it gets to be a lot by the end of the holiday season, but I can't blame the nieces and nephews for their birthdays. We spoil them instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Ruth. Happy to see you in Blogland again and to know that all is well with you. Love your new header. Just GORGEOUS! Love your Beatrix tribute. You did an amazing job with the characters. Congratulations! Hope your Christmas Craft Shows go well. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing this kind of info, and the texture on cat potholders is very unique and creative. It would be perfect if these can be used in clothing for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeaaaaaaa - that header photo is stunning! Nice to be back in Blogland world. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete