Thursday, January 23, 2020

FIRST FINISH FOR 2020!

I have been very delinquent about posting since we arrived home from our trip.  We were gone exactly one month and were very happy to get back home.  It took a week to get unpacked and organized.  We drove home in 4 1/2 days from Florida to Oregon.  One day we drove more than 800 miles!  That's the first time that has happened with me in the car!  

On the trip I was working on the 4-patch blocks in Meg's Four Patch Doll Quilt, designed by Jo Morton (from her book "Jo's Little Favorites".  I made it for a customer and she wanted it to be larger, so I got carried away with making the 4-patch blocks and ended having enough for a small one as well (19").  The large one measures 39" square.  I couldn't figure out how many blocks to increase it by since it is "on point."  Once I was home with my design wall I put them up and realized I had an extra row.  I'm also making this quilt for me.


While in Kansas I went to the local quilt shop and they had a charm pack of Shelbyville, by Jo Morton, so I purchased it to use for some of the 4-patches.  The top right block below is from that collection, as well as the first and last block in the third row down.  There are other ones as well.






There is also a fabulous quilt shop in Florida that I always visit and it is huge with just about anything a quilter would desire!  It's A & E Fabrics and they have a blog:  https://aandefabrics.blogspot.com.  The shop is going on line soon.  I got 15% off because I belong to a guild and they also have sales every month.  I found some really cute fabric that I will use to make things to sell at craft shows.

Now, I am thinking about goals for 2020 and my main goal is to make a queen size quilt with the Moda blockhead 6" blocks that I made a couple years ago.  I have over 50 blocks and have an idea.  I will keep you posted as I get started on this.  I also have a Pineapple Nine Patch quilt that I started and really want to finish.  I haven't made a list yet, but I'm thinking about it.

I went through my blog from 2019 and made a list of all the quilts I had posted about - there were 33.  Three were donation quilts, two were quilts I finished for a friend.  Several of them were sold at craft shows.  I didn't always post about quilts made to sell, so there were probably more that ended up being sold or that I still have.  Of the 33 there was one queen size quilt, a lot of table runners and wall hangings.  I participated in 10 craft shows!

Thanks to all my readers - my blogging friends!  I feel like I know you even though we have never met.  Luckily, I have met quite a few of my blogging friends and hope to meet more of you in the future.  I hope you all have a wonderful year and that we will inspire each other to use up our stashes and scraps!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it home safely! 800+ miles in one day is a lot. (My grandparents lived about that far from us growing up and we would often do the trip in one day, so I know how long it gets!) 33 quilts is wonderful. Here's to hoping 2020 will be at least as productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are home safe and had a wonderful time. Both quilts are so pretty, I always love your fabric choices. You had a very productive year and sounds like you have great plans for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to hear from you again. A pineapple 9 patch? Now this you have to show me because I have no idea what you're talking about. Love your new quilts. So cool to have a mini quilt to go with the biggie. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little quilts you made. Basic blocks make some of the best quilts!
    Sounds like you had a productive year.
    I keep thinking one of these days I will be in Oregon and actually have time to swing your way and meet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely 4 patch quilts. Great colors and setting.
    33 quilts! wow that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2019 was another productive year for you Ruth - lots of lovely projects. These Jo Morton quilts look great and I'm looking forward to seeing your other projects over the coming year. Those quilt shops must have been fabulous - we have so few here. I'm just a little envious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you accomplished a lot in 2019. Love the 4 patch!!

    Were you ion a hurry to get home? That was a fast drive!!

    ReplyDelete