Tuesday, August 13, 2019

SUMMER CORN, BARN AND QUILTS

I love it when the local farmer starts selling fresh corn!  The first time I looked, they didn't have any so I went a little farther from town to another farm where I had heard that they had corn.  This is the barn that's farther away.

Bernards Farm - this is a great barn!


They have a huge garden full of zinnias.



The next time I was able to get corn and wonderful berries from Draper Farm right on the edge of my town.

Draper Farm


Here are a few more quilts from the Powerland Quilt Show:


The next two quilts were made by a former owner of a quilt shop that specialized in civil war reproduction fabrics that recently went out of business in Independence, OR.







I hope you don't have to endure too much heat this month.  Soon the weather will start changing!

6 comments:

  1. Oh My! Bernard's Farm is HUGE! It's nice to get produce directly from the farm. They taste so much better. Lovely quilts in the show. Thanks for sharing. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Local fresh fruits and veggies are indeed always the best! Glad you can get them close by. I can't imagine having that many zinnias! They must be seed producers for next year? Those applique quilts are amazing, but you would know I love the red stripes with stars! I've kept my thermostat at 78 and with ceiling fans have been comfortable. Yesterday TXU issued a directive that we up the thermostat a couple of degrees. I raised mine to 80 this morning. Maybe, just maybe, I can stay with it; we'll see. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm those strawberries look good! We haven't been to any farmers markets here yet, but I am hoping soon. Fresh corn is starting at one of the area (30 miles away) this week, we might go check it out. Those are beautiful quilts, thanks for sharing. That first one is amazing, so much movement and the little basket quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those classic barns!
    Is the quilt shop that went out of business the one in your area that you thought I should see the next time I was in Oregon? I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those strawberries look amazing ! I love fresh corn too.
    The quilts you shared are lovely I really like the album quilt a the little basket quilt and the star quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Local produce is the best. We're in sweet corn season here too. Love the barns, though I really feel they could use a barn quilt each :) Thanks for sharing the quilt photos.

    ReplyDelete