Saturday, May 18, 2019

AMISH DOLLS and A HAT

I finished the Amish doll family and was able to load the photo onto the computer.  I don't know why they quit going to the computer automatically.  


My DIL wanted a hat to wear to DGS's baseball games, so I told her I would make her one.  She had been looking for one when we were visiting them last month.  I got it done today and tried it on.  I'm wearing it outside on my patio and the sun is too bright for you to see the yellow side.  Here's a photo of both fabrics before I sewed them together.  Blue and yellow are her favorite colors.




It's reversible and I think the blue side will be the "main" side.  Both are batik fabrics.  It's such a beautiful day, so I sat outside on the patio drinking tea and reading a book on my tablet.


I hope your weekend is lovely too.  If it isn't, maybe you can stay inside and sew!

8 comments:

  1. Those dolls are so cute; glad you got them all finished. The hat is really cute too; I'm sure your DIL will enjoy it. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet Amish family of dolls.
    And the hat is really cute. I'll bet it is a nice weight with crisp edges, too, if it is made of batiks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect hat for a sunny day. Your Amish family looks terrific too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! You got me reminiscing to my high school days. We did hats like that in our home ec. They were made with old jeans. Never done one that is reversible. Excellent job. I love the colors too. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dollys!!
    You are a woman with many talents!! The hat is terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hat. I will have to try to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Amish dolls, what a cute family! I have one my sister made for me years ago. The hat looks great, what pattern did you use? Looks pretty and very functional!

    ReplyDelete