Tuesday, October 16, 2018

BOW-DACIOUS!

I first saw this quilt when I attended a workshop in 2013 led by Bonnie Hunter and she showed us some of her quilts.  I loved it and decided to make it one day.  I just finished it and it will be given to my 9 year old GD for Christmas.  It is very scrappy. 


This back view isn't very good due to the dappled shade.



I just love this border fabric - it was a new fabric at my LQS.


Here's a better picture of the backing.  I'm planning on making quilts with bigger pieces for a while.  This quilt has about 53 pieces in each block!  It take a lot longer to make a block with that many pieces, especially when you need to find scraps that look good together.


I've also been very busy making items to sell at Christmas craft shows in Rickreal OR and McMinnville OR.  Between that, I'm working on Christmas gifts as well.  Here it is the middle of October already!!  This is why I haven't been posting as much lately, or reading and commenting on my favorite blogs.  Sorry, ladies!

Happy Fall!

12 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty quilt, and I'm sure your GD will love it. Sounds like you are getting a lot more quilting and crafting done than I am. Life keeps getting in my way! Maybe next week will be better. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet quilt. I think your granddaugher will love it and cherish it forever. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful! I remember a while ago you talked about having started it and I'm sure you're glad to have it done early for Christmas. The border fabric is perfect with the pink inner border and the back is fun! It better be well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely quilt! I'm sure your grand-daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great! I love it and I'm sure your GD will too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very charming quilt. It has the country charm to it. So adorable. I'm happy to hear that all is well with you and you were just too busy to blog. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice job, Ruth! All of the pink that you used, and that pretty border fabric make this a beautiful quilt for your granddaughter.
    It appears that you have purposely placed the darker bow ties around the outer edge, and I like the effect.
    Quilting time is a rare commodity for many, it appears. You are doing what most needs to be done right now. Good luck with all of your projects for the craft shows and Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazing quilt, even for you. I love it.
    Lillian of Lillian's Cupboard

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful quilt for your GD. Hope she loves it. The colors are soft and pretty, very feminine. The backing and border fabrics are perfect, too. Sounds like you are so busy but having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a pretty version of the quilt. Your GD will surely be thrilled to receive it. I'm on the hunt for backing fabric. Hope I find some as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOoh! I love your quilt! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a happy scrappy quilt! I can see why you are ready for some larger piecing. Those are tiny bits! Good luck at the craft shows.

    ReplyDelete