Sunday, September 24, 2017

SOME SEWING ACCOMPLISHED

I have been sewing, finally!  My sewing machine is fixed and working great.  

Here are the last 2 Moda Blockhead Blocks that I have made.

Block #26

Block #27

Then I decided to start a quilt for my youngest GS made out of men's shirts.  I have one made for his brother and want to give them both one for Christmas.  I considered several patterns and finally decided on this one:  Scrappy Mountain Majesties.  The pattern is available on Bonnie Hunter's web site here.  This is what I have so far and I have some more pieces cut.


This is the fabric that I bought at Top Stitch in Medford, OR on Tuesday.  The bird fabric is a panel and I got 2 of those.


I tried to load some more pictures of the quilting I'm working on for my Flags of the American Revolution quilt, but didn't have any luck, so I'll try to get them loaded and post in a couple days.  I'm almost finished with the quilting!!

Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Your Blockhead blocks are so pretty, I love all of your fabrics! The Scrappy Mountain Majesties will be a great quilt for your GS. It is so pretty, too. I really like the new birds fabric, can't wait to see how you will use it. Have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - LOVE the Scrappy Mountain Majesties and all those luscious plaids!!! Good job. ElaineAdair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Moda Blockhead blocks look great and the shirt quilt is terrific. Bonnie has such good patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Blockhead blocks. Love the bird panel. Lucky GS to have some lovey quilts from Grandma. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Block Heads blocks look great! I'm 3 weeks behind, but I'll catch up someday. My friend recently finished the Scrappy Mountain Majesties, and it looks great; I'm certain yours will too. You can bet I love that birdie panel! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. great looking blocks and I love the snowy bird fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Just LOVE your scrappy mountain quilt! Wish I was a child of yours!! It is fantastic. Your boys will be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blocks are very nice. Love that scrappy mtn majesties!

    ReplyDelete