Friday, March 24, 2017

TRIP TO DOLL SHOW

I found out about a doll show when I was looking for a place to get new hair for this doll.  This was my mother's doll and I'm guessing he was new about 1920.  Yes, HE is a boy doll!  Doesn't he look cute wrapped up in this quilt, which, BTW,  I got in Lori's doll quilt exchange in 2014?

Ready to go to Doll Show

Here he is sitting up on the quilt in the clothes I made for him.  When I inherited him, he was wearing a dress!  So I made him these overalls and also some flannel pajamas.


When I found out about the doll/toy show, my quilting friend and I decided to be a vendor.  I have 2 complete doll beds, a bunch of doll quilts, the porcelain doll in the blue dress below, and some other items I'm hoping to sell.  My friend has some dolls and toys to sell.  I had a pattern and some fabric that I got at an estate sale, so I decided to make it up - the yellow dress (30s style and fabric) below.





Lastly, here are the bottom border triangles for my DJ quilt that I have done so far.  I'm taking a short break before I make more.  

Bottom Row 1-6 & 8

Next, the last Moda Block of the Week.  These blocks finish at 6" and there will be 48 of them.


And last weeks BOW.


I love the background fabric and will try to purchase a couple yards when it is out in the stores.

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I have a picture of my FIL in 1925 in a dress! LOL Good luck with selling your items. I think they should sell quickly. Love your dolly too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a little boy face on that doll--so cute in the outfit you made for him! I wish you well on your vending booth. Sounds like you have the goods.
    Your blocks all look great. Especially like the fussy-cut corners on last week's block.
    I have not even begun, which means it probably won't happen, and that is probably just as well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little dolls and their quilts and beds are very cute! I love the blue fabrics in your BOW-3, and your piecing in both blocks is perfect, as usual! Your DJ triangles continue to amaze me. Have a great weekend! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doll size quilts are hard to resist. I would think boy dolls are rare

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little boy dolly, he is adorable in the outfit you made for him. All of your little quilts, dolls and cradles are so cute, I bet you do very well with the sale. It sounds like fun! I love dolls and I think I would bring home more than I took to sell if I were to go. Your blocks look great, love those fabrics. Your DJ triangles are beautiful, too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the background fabric if it is not in the stores?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving those Moda blocks. I think I might scale a few up for my CW quilt. Mind you I could use 48 in the border of the quilt. Better make up my mind soon. Your Mum's doll is a cutie and he looks so handsome in his outfit. Good luck with the toy and doll show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You inspire me to get my DJ quilt back out and work on those triangles. I have the center completed. Yours look beautiful, are you paper piecing them? I am doing the blockhead challenge, too. Having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a nice doll he is. Good luck at the show. I hope you share some photos of the show with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the boy doll. When I was in the second grade (1939), a schoolmate brought her boy doll to school and he was wearing a little railroad engineer's hat. I didn't like dolls but I loved this one. Yours is wonderful. Lillian at Lillian's Cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dolls and blocks....my great aunt collected dolls and I always loved looking at them. She gave them to my little sister and now who knows where they are....sad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my - I have never been a "doll person" but that little guy with loafers and pretty handsome hair is tooooo cute!
    Elaineadairpieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete