Sunday, February 12, 2017

TWO FINISHES!

This past week I finished DH's "Vintage Tin" quilt!  It was a year's worth of work on the embroidery in secret and then making the pieced blocks and the border in secret as well.  It was kind of fun surprising him for his special birthday.  This picture doesn't show up the embroidered blocks very well, but they are in another post here in case you haven't seen them before.  It measures 68" x 62".


I usually have a pile of string blocks that I work on from time to time and I got this string block donation quilt finished this week as well.  I do love these type of quilts.  This one measures approximately 67" x 52".


Here's the backing for the donation quilt.  I got this strange looking fabric at the LQS for $4.00/yard! I had originally planned to use it on a queen size quilt, but changed my mind and used something different.  I think I have enough of this for another donation quilt.


Guess what!  I have another new project!  This is a T-shirt quilt that has been commissioned by the SIL of a friend.  The T-shirts are here, and I bought a lot of wonder under for them.  These fabrics will be borders for the T-shirts.  School colors are navy blue and gold.  I plan to get started on it this week.


Are you starting any new projects this week?  Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

  1. Your Hubby's quilt is fantastic, I love the embroidery with the personal touches. I'm sure he will treasure it because it was made with love! The string quilt is very pretty, love the rainbow colors. What a great way to use up scraps of fabric. Someone will enjoy it very much. The fabrics for the t-shirt quilt are nice, sounds like a fun quilt. Congratulations on the finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations twice over! Love your DH's surprise quilt. The picture might not show your beautiful embroidery but it shows the lovely quilting you did. Gorgeous! Also love the string quilt. You must be tickle pink to have TWO projects off your list? Enjoy the new project. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great quilts! I love that backing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your Vintage Tin turned out great. I just finished a quilt too with almost the same exact border...flying geese. Your husband must have been so pleased to receive such a gift. Love the string block quilt too! Best of luck with your newest project. I have never tried making a T shirt quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of work in your hubby's fantastic quilt, but I'm guessing he's probably worth it! The donation quilt is very nice too. I'll enjoy watching your progress on the Tee-shirt quilt. I haven't started anything new this year; haven't even sewed a stitch! I can't believe it! Maybe next week. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous finishes! The beautiful variety of quilting you did on Vintage Tin really highlights all your embroidery. I love the string block finish too, scrappy quilts are my favorite. You've had an extremely productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilts. Your hubs is bound to be very happy with his. I haven't made a string quilt but I think I'll give it a try sometime. I especially like the color scheme in yours. You have very busy hands with your quilts. You must enjoy it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Vintage Tin quilt is a stunner! So much work has gone into making it a treasure. Love, love, love your string quilt. I'm collecting strings to make one for me. Is the binding a spot or check? A t-shirt quilt - should look good with the blue and gold. I have a new project in the wings but really need to quilt a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vintage Tin is a great finish!!
    Your rainbow colored string blocks made a beautiful donation quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations on your 2 recent finishes! Fun backing fabric and neat string quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your quilts, especially the Vintage Tin! I bet your DH loves it, too!!!

    ReplyDelete