Monday, September 19, 2016

BROKEN DISHES BLOCKS FINISHED

 These are the broken dishes blocks to send to Barb here for the block swap.  They measure 4 1/2" square and there are 40 of 2 different fabrics.


I will be receiving 80 different blocks in exchange!  Lots of fun!












I just finished 2 doll quilts that will be put into my Etsy shop.  I love pink and brown together!



I bought this tote bag pattern at BJs quilt shop in Cloverdale, OR in August and decided to make 2 bags; one is with a charm pack that I also got there.


 Here's the front panel with the green charm pack squares sewn together and a brown batik which will be on the bottom of the bag.  I'm also making one with he Paris fabric.  Now I'm trying to find some fabric to use for the lining - I don't want to use just muslin, although maybe I will.


Have a nice week everyone!  The weather here is getting cooler!!


11 comments:

  1. Your little blocks for Barb are really pretty, and I'm sure your bag will be too. I love the little pink and brown doll quilts. I'm thinking that's what I need to start doing rather than larger quilts. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the swap blocks, Ruth. They look well made. And I really like the pretty batiks you are using for the bag--but you know, I'm sure, that the doll quilts stole my heart. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the little broken dish blocks. I haven't finished one set yet. I better get to it this week. Lovely dolls quilts. I am starting to love pink and brown together too. (I didn't like pink very much before.) Enjoy the new bags. It is starting to look pretty good. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love love those sweet doll quilts! The bag/purse will be wonderful too, I really like the batiks you've chosen for that project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice points on the broken dishes blocks and I like the fabrics. It will be fun to see what you get in return. The doll quits are adorable, pink and brown go together so well. The new bag is looking very nice, can't wait to see both bags all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ruth
    Your broken dishes blocks are wonderful. You sewed them up so quick. I love your doll quilts to, so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute broken dishes blocks. The doll quilts are adorable. Enjoy the swap. I'll be looking and waiting to see what you get.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun! Your blocks are beautiful ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little quilts are so cute! I love brown and pink together too.
    The red you used for the swap blocks is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Ruth!!! Great post, love viewing all your fun projects. Your doll quilts are adorable and your color combinations are yummy! Enjoy the swap, looking forward to see what you get.

    Hug's, Carolyn

    Tha

    ReplyDelete