Friday, April 29, 2016

UFO FINISHED!

First of all, I finished binding the Focal Point table runner designed by Joanne Kerton, and I have enough of the same fabric to make another one using aqua in place of the yellow.  I won't get to this for a while, though, because I just started making a T-shirt quilt for my grand niece.  

Focal Point table runner finished.

Test block for the T-shirt quilt.
Thank goodness for my trusty 1950 Singer Featherweight sewing machine!  My Janome was giving me problems, so I had to take it to the doctor.  



Here's my quite old UFO finish!  The pillow!  I finished the cross stitched sampler a couple years ago - or more - and I had it sitting on a shelf with the ticking fabric for quite a while.  Suddenly, I just said to myself - why not get that finished!  And it took me all of about an hour to get it done.  Why do I put these things off????


I still have a pile of T-shirts to iron interfacing on.  What fun that is!!  Better get to it.  Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job quilting the Focal Point runner, love all the feathers! It really is pretty. The pillow is so cute, makes the chair look so inviting. Yea for a finish! I'll be waiting to see how the T-shirt quilt comes out, what fun memories for your grand niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finishes Ruth! The bride and groom should be delighted with their table runner, it is simply spectacular. I love the ticking with the sampler work on your pillow. Isn't it the truth that we spend more time procrastinating than the actual finish takes at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love optical illusions, and Joanne's Focal Point pattern has a lot of those; every time I look at your beautiful creation, I see another one. You did a great job, and your quilting is wonderful, as usual! Your pillow turned out great too, even if it was delayed a while. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job on the table runner! Such beautiful quilting! Love your pillow! I hope your sewing machine issue is solved soon, thank goodness for a trusty backup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your basket quilt hanging over the chair above your lovely cushion.What is the pattern called? Nice to stitch and put in use rather than framing.The quilted feathers round your Focal Point Table runner is showing blocks off beautifully. So nice to have a UFO finished. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finish on your runner. Your feathers fill the white space beautifully!
    I need to follow your example and focus on a t-shirt quilt. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, wonderful finishes!! Loved seeing your sweet smiling face, too!!

    Your Dear Jane blocks are looking fabulous!!

    I thought I was going to be strong and not do a SAL this year, but the Westering Women Blocks are catching my fancy!! Let see what from my stash will work??!!!!!

    I LOVE your sampler pillow!!! Sooooo cute!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're staying busy, all your projects look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Focal Point table runner looks marvellous! The quilting really makes it pop. Hope your Janome just has a *sniffle*. Hope we get a sneak peek of your T-shirt quilt soon. Another UFO finished -yay! You are really making inroads Ruth. I haven't sewn a stitch. Perhaps I need a dose of whatever it is your having *chuckle*

    ReplyDelete
  10. your pillow is so cute! I love that ticking and it sets it off so nicely.
    Great new runner.
    Have fun with your T-shirts!

    ReplyDelete