Thursday, April 14, 2016

STARTING FOCAL POINT TABLE RUNNER

Recently I posted about the Focal Point Table Runner designed by Joanne Kerton and published in the June 2016 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.  Well, since then, I was checking out the wedding registry of my nephew for his wedding coming up in June and found that they are using grey as a basic color in their color scheme.  

Additionally, I found out (sadly) that The Quilted Hill Quilt Shop in Yamhill, OR is going out of business.  Since I have been there several times, I knew what fabric I wanted to buy in order to make the table runner for a wedding gift.

On my visit to the shop, I snapped a couple pictures.

Shop mascot


Darling sock monkey with quilted skirt

I thought this fabric would be perfect for the table runner.  It's "Burlap" by Dover Hill for Benartex and it comes in several colors.  As you can see, I selected the grey and yellow pattern to use and bought fabric to make 2 table runners.  One will be the wedding gift.  I'm not sure yet which one I will give them - the one with the yellow accent or the aqua accent.


This morning I was up early, so I decided to cut the pieces needed (except for the border and binding).  Yesterday I printed out the paper pieces, so I'm all ready to start!


I've been doing a lot of paper piecing with the Dear Jane quilt, so I hope this will be somewhat easy for me to follow, although the during the piecing of the blocks I will need to be very careful that I put the colors in the correct place.  Wish me luck!

8 comments:

canuckquilter said...

I like your fabric selections Ruth. That aqua will really pop. I'm sure it will come together very well.

Mama Joan said...

You are so thoughtful. I bought a jelly roll of that fabric line and made two I spy quilts with it, making 4-patches as the alternate blocks.

Janet O. said...

Wow--you aren't wasting any time getting started! Pretty fabric choices.
I've wondered how it would look in red/white/blue, but it probably isn't on my list this year. I do have the magazine on hand for when it does become my priority. : )

Marsha said...

Your fabrics are so pretty, the aqua and yellow will look so nice with the greys. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished runners!

---"Love" said...

I agree that the aqua will speak very well with the pattern. You probably would know that like Janet O., I would love it in R/W/B. I just knew you would be making that pattern soon. ---"Love"

Quilting Babcia said...

I'm sorry to hear that Quilted Hill is closing again. Your fabrics are gorgeous, either colorway will be wonderful. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

a good yarn said...

Nice colour choices. They will look terrific with Joanne's pattern. What a shame - another quilt shop closing.

Marie C said...

Love your colors! This is going to be lovely!