Sunday, November 29, 2015

NOVEMBER DEAR JANE BLOCKS


Last month in this post, I indicated that I might try to finish Row F in November.  It seemed like a lot to do, but I had encouragement from some of you, so I decided to work on them extra hard.


Row F Completed

Of course, I worked on other things as well, some Christmas gifts, etc.  which I will show you when I can.  I think some of these blocks were the hardest of all the ones I've done to date.  Especially F-11 (3rd block in 3rd row).

I don't think I would be able to figure out how to do some of these without the help from this blog.
For the most part, I follow the instructions step by step and then I am able to make it.

December might be a different story, but I'll try to get at least a few blocks done.  I want to finish the quilt before I die!

Thanks to all who encouraged me - it means a lot.

11 comments:

  1. Love your Dear Jane blocks. I need to get mine back out and work on it. So many quilts so little time. Make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Ruth! ! ! You met your goal. Those blocks are amazing. I took a look at some of the tutorials on "that quilt" blog. I can be very patient working on detailed blocks, but I don't know if I have THAT much patience. All those little pieces are so intricate! You are doing a wonderful job working on them. You will be rewarded with a beautiful quilt someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! The blocks look so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patience! You must have more than anyone I know! I'm sure you will continue to make progress and finish that quilt before you die. Of course, your family may decide to drape it over your casket instead of flowers. *giggle* I don't think I've told you, but I love the Christmas pictures in your heading. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be a treasure. I'll keep rooting you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job, Ruth. I'll keep cheering for you, too, because I have finally admitted to myself that I will never make this quilt, but cheering for you will help me feel involved. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on fining so many of your DJ blocks! Some of those blocks look really tricky! I have started mine and have three blocks done. I have not done much paper piecing, but I think I will be an expert by the time I finish my DJ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. They look amazing and difficult. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks! And great job meeting your goal. Getting much done in December is hard, with all the holiday stuff going on, but even just a few is good progress. I know this quilt has a lot of blocks, but you must have made a good dent on the total by now?

    ReplyDelete
  10. first I love your header and the basket with the candy canes. I love those! is there glitter on them? i love glitter too
    your blocks look wonderful. IT is such a great iconic quilt to make

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks are wonderful! I have come to a full stop on mine. I really need to get back to work on them.

    ReplyDelete