Monday, November 23, 2015

BUSY WORK ON PROJECTS

I started quilting on this scrappy quilt and have about half of it quilted.  Then I stopped because there was a section that didn't turn out very well and I needed to take the stitching out, as well as turn my attention to some Christmas/birthday projects.


I made 4 of these outfits for 18" dolls.  One will be for my GD Abby for her birthday and the other 3 sets she can use a birthday gifts for friends.  I'm leaning towards giving her the one with the plaid blouse.  I really like that plaid fabric (which I got at a garage sale).

Here it is close up.



I like this polka dot blouse too.


I also made Abby a small pillow (travel size).  The cover comes off for washing.  I plan to make a couple for my 2 young GSs also.  In "boy" fabrics of course.


In the mean time, I have been working on my Dear Jane blocks and will post them soon.  In this post, I said I might try to finish Row F and that's what I'm working on!  I think I'll make it!

10 comments:

  1. The doll outfits are cute as can be. For several years, I made Barbie & Ken doll clothes and sold them. I never made this size clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little doll clothes are so cute! yay on making great progress on the DJ quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that quilt, is there a pattern or a name for it? Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The doll clothes are really cute, and I'm sure Abby will love her pillow! Wish I had time to make another little quilt or two before Christmas, but that's not happening I'm sure. Christmas decorations are underway big time! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that scrappy quilt, I'll be watching for a finish after the holidays. Love the doll clothes, they are all so cute. Abby's pillow is very pretty, I'm sure she will love it. It is good to hear you will reach your goal to have row F completed for your DJ. Progress is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great scrappy quilt, I love it! It'll be so fun when my Abby is old enough to inherit my daughter's American Girls doll and I can make more clothes for her. What fun it was to make the original wardrobe all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have very lucky grandkids! Good luck reaching your DJ goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, I know she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what sweet doll outfits and I love the pillow.
    ouch, sorry about the quilting. can't imagine taking out machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete