Wednesday, December 17, 2014

MORE CHRISTMAS SEWING

On my last visit to my 5 year old GD Abby, I gave her the following 2 outfits.  One for her 18" doll Lulu...

This isn't Lulu, it's my "model" for trying on clothes.  Her hair got cut off and she was sold at a garage sale.

and one for a boy doll.  The plaid fabric is something that I picked up at Good Will and the black was given to me by my oldest GD.


Abby has 4 dolls that she plays with a lot.  When I was there, I noticed that I had been favoring Lulu with the most clothes.  Probably because there are so many cute patterns for that size doll (18").  So I decided I needed to make some more for the smaller dolls, 14" and 15".

They also didn't have any underwear.  I bought some cotton knit somewhere and decided to try to make panties.  I have a pattern for an 18" doll that included them, so when I made them, I was happy with the result (on the left).  I didn't have a pattern for a smaller doll, so I just decreased the pattern in my printer and made a smaller pair that might (hopefully) fit a 14" or 15" doll,


Here's another outfit that I made for the 14" doll, Gracie.  Now 3 of the dolls have an outfit out of the same plaid fabric.



Today while out shopping I stopped at the Good Will store and saw some fat quarters.  There are 2 of each and they are Moda fabrics.  I paid $2.99 for 2 FQs of each (3 1/2 yards)!


I still have a couple more things to get done before Christmas not including baking cookies.  We're looking forward to our oldest GS getting back from college for the Christmas break!

16 comments:

  1. I love the outfits you have made. It is neat that they all have one fabric that is the same; but they all look different. Sewing those smaller doll clothes can be difficult. You did a great job. Good find on the fabric from the Good Will store too. More doll clothes; or for a quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute dolly clothes you made! The underwear are especially cute!!
    Great deal on the modas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made doll clothes in a long time. How fun! The coordinating outfits are very cute!
    What a steal on the FQs. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. The doll clothes are all so cute! You did a great job! Lucky GD to have a Grandma who sews for her dolls. You found some great fabric, too. I wish our thrift stores here had some fabric.

    I am finally getting caught up. Christmas is all taken care of but my youngest daughter just got married and getting ready for that took up all my time. I have to catch up on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun, I made a bunch of clothes several years ago. I had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute. I am thinking of sewing doll clothes for my granddaughter. Some girls' dress patterns actually include versions for 18" dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your doll clothes are all very cute! I better your grand daughter was a very happy girl to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute doll outfits. I have been planning to make more myself and your cuties may motivate me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The doll clothes are so cute! I'm glad to hear your granddaughter plays with dolls and has several. So many little girls don't play with dolls nowadays. They grow up to fast. I think parents try to treat them as mini adults. I'm sure she'll loves the doll clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sewing doll clothes is so fun. When my daughters were growing up it was Barbie clothes I was making by the bushels!! I also made a lot of stuffed dolls with their own wardrobes. Fun days. Your granddaughter will be thrilled with what you've done. Love the undies!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your doll clothes are inspired - not the usual doll clothes.If I could make some like this, I wouldn't be so bored making them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute doll clothes, but I have to tell you the undies are just too cute. I am sure Abby will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute doll cloths. Good find -no Moda at my goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all adorable outfits...she'll be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ruth,
    I'm very pleased to announce you that you are my giveaway winner!
    I'll write you an email soon.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a steal on those fabrics! Abby is going to be one happy little girl with those new doll clothes; very cute! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete