Thursday, September 11, 2014

A COUPLE MORE little THINGS DONE

I get so many good ideas from other bloggers and I like to take their ideas for myself.  This first idea is from Ann Hermes who has used yard sticks to hang little quilts from.  I haven't done that yet, but I do have two yardsticks which I plan to use soon.  However, I also got some old wooden hangers and got the "clip rings" used for hanging curtains at JoAnn's (thanks to Janet) and have one hanging in my new sewing room!  It's not in a really well lighted section, so the picture is somewhat dark.


Another great idea was from Randy.  She covered the seat of her chair with selvedges sewn together and I liked that idea, so I started sewing some together.  I had a plastic box filled with them and hadn't used many of them yet, so this was a very easy way to use some up!


I really like this idea and will probably cover the back as well - when I get around to it!    I'm still busy getting unpacked and this was a nice break from the drudgery.  Thanks, Randy!


Right now, I'm going to fix supper.  DH found something for me to hang in my sewing room at Pier I and as soon as it is hung, I will show it to you!  Thanks, honey!

12 comments:

  1. How did you affix the selvage "fabric" to the chair? My office chair that I use for sewing is getting some splits near the seams. This might be just the ticket!

    Yours looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas, both of them! I have a few of those hangers somewhere; I need to find them and put them to use I also like the chair cover (much better than that one I had to make a few weeks ago! I too have lots of selvages in a plastic bag. I may have to try that too, but probably not until after Christmas. Can't wait to see what the hubby got you! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clips look great with the wooden hanger! Very cool idea!
    Way to go on the seat cover. I loved Randy's too, but didn't have a chair that needed covering to give it a try. Don't know if I would have been brave enough to do it anyway. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you've inspired somebody else!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about the hangers. I have to find some, my minis are packed away.....looks great.
    I covered my chair too. Not with such tiny strips of course. I sewed a big block for the seat and I think just squares for the back. I pulled the chair apart redid it and put it back together. It really makes those generic chairs look special. I really like your.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to display little quilts....I will look for these the next time I go to Joann. Looking forward to seeing your ironing surface.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. I will look for these the next time I visit Joann. I am looking forward to seeing your new ironing station !

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! awesome seat cover - I can't figure out how to get mine off - may have to ask hubby -
    cute little quilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your seat cushion came out great! Did you put elastic around the outside edge? I think you did a better job than I did...mine is a bit gaping!! I'm going to do better on the back of the chair! Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like that idea of covering the cushion

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this hanging from a coat hanger idea! :)

    ReplyDelete