I worked on the alternate setting blocks for my civil war quilt. Below is going to be the center of the civil war quilt. Here is the link to the blog post that shows the layout I will be using. It is the third one down.
These are some more of the setting blocks. I haven't put any more up on my design wall - it's not big enough.
I also spent some time working on 23 log cabin blocks. Add that to the 93 that I already have. I didn't get all the logs sewn on because I ran out of time.
In order to keep the "logs" organized, I marked a piece of paper with the various measurements needed and placed the little stack of "logs" on the paper.
Then when I was finished, I rolled whatever was left in the paper so I could keep everything together. That seemed to work for me.