It doesn't look like it is a good time for me to use my friends quilting machine to quilt the Gone to Texas quilt, so I have started doing the quilting on my own machine. I decided to quilt in the "Baptist Fan" design. I wasn't sure how to do it, but I found a long arm quilter on Youtube doing it, so that helped. She had some circle templates. I made some half circle templates out of cardboard.
I started marking the archs with a chalk marker, but that didn't show up very well. Then I remembered I had a hera marker, so I used that.
|Here is the hera marker and the first template.|
|I am marking the first line.|
|I'm marking the second line.|
|I mark 4 lines with the templates.|
|Here you can see the indent left by the hera marker.|