This weekend I caught up on the Civil War blocks by making the last two of them.
I finally got enough string blocks to make a teenage boy's quilt for donation to the children's hospital. Now I just need to remove the paper from the back, sew them together, quilt and bind. I wonder when I will get it finished.
You will notice there are no feminine things in these blocks. I had to dig deep to find more masculine fabric. Uh Oh, I just saw a couple little flowers in the cow's mouths. Hopefully, they will not be too noticeable.
Leaves are allowed, but not flowers (my GS let me know these things).
Here's the phone book paper on the back of one. There are 63 8" blocks and the quilt will be 7 blocks wide by 9 blocks long.
I hope these fabrics will pass as masculine enough. Hee Hee! No pink or purple will be in this quilt. Stars and golf bags are permissible. Swirls are permissible. There might be a couple tiny flowers on a block or two, but they are so miniscule as to not be noticeable, I hope.
This morning I got a pillow ready for binding and I'll show you that later. No picture yet. These pictures are taken with my iPhone, and are OK but seem darker than pictures taken with our old camera. Have a good week, everyone!