Monday, October 12, 2009

COLUMBUS DAY WEEKEND

I spent the weekend (and will continue today, which is a federal holiday - Columbus Day) making flying geese for 36 sawtooth stars. That means I need 144 flying geese!! I'm using Eleanor Burns method for the first time and so far I like it. You can see her video here. This is a secret project, so I won't be showing it again for a while.
On Saturday we went to some garage sales looking for more doll beds - I sold the ones I showed you and we have at least one more craft show to prepare for. No doll beds, but I did get some shirts that I hope to use to make into a quilt following Bonnie Hunter's directions. Her book is on my Christmas wish list.
I also found some buttons! I love to add them to my collection! Some of these are vintage too!

I better get back to the flying geese. Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Elaenor's method is a winner and I will definitely be using it to make flying geese from now. I particularly like that there are no left over triangles - no waste. I have just bought Bonnie's book for a friend for her birthday. I almost didn't want to give it away. The projects are fantastic. Your buttons are delightful. Plenty of good ones there. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage buttons! I'm starting to think about shirts when I see all the great things you can do with them. Good luck with the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fabric you are using in your secret project:)
    You will love Bonnie's book! It's a real winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buttons are almost as much fun to collect as fabric...and lots of fun to play with. I like making flying geese blocks so if I were closer I would come over and help ya out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love buttons and I do collect old ones if I like them and purchase some on e-bay a few year ago

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful buttons...I've got a good size jar of really old ones. Your block is wonderful....will be watching to see what becomes of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like Eleanor Burns and have used her methods several times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm catching up to you! everything is so beautiful, and I know I have a few cats that would love a doll bed! Can't wait to see that cute little sewing machine--how much was it? it seems just right for me. Next time you come I want to make some pillow cases!!! I've been saving fabric.

    Take some pix at your craft shows?!!! Miss you and your DH much! Celeste

    ReplyDelete