Saturday, August 9, 2008

Housewarming gift

I took another picture of the table runner because the color was kind of washed out on the last one.  I finished the second one and have one more to go.
However, I have to work on a wall hanging for our DS#1 & DIL.  We are going to see them next week in Oregon and while there my DIL's sister & friend will be giving them a housewarming party, since they just moved to a new house - actually, it's an old house built in 1885.  So, I thought I would make a patriotic wall hanging which celebrates the signing of the Declaration of Independence.  The fabric panel is from Windham's Old Glory III line.  I got it sandwiched after taking the picture and am stippling the middle section.
While in Oregon, I plan to visit at least 3 quilt shops.  One in Bend, OR was featured in the last Quilt Sampler magazine.  We will also be driving through Sisters, OR and I will stop at the Stitchin Post.  There is also a really good quilt shop in McMinnville, OR, which is near where they live.  

I will try to post some pictures while on the trip, but we don't have a laptop, so we would have to use their computer and I don't know if I'll be able to.  

2 comments:

  1. OH how nice that wall hanging is. How big is the panel with the Declaration of Independence? I am sure they will be thrilled by it.

    I have a niece living in Bend now and she has invited me to come for a visit. I think I may just have to do that and also tie it in with a visit to Sister when they have the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my site!! I think your patriotic wallhanging is marvelous!!! Enjoy your visit!!!

    ReplyDelete