Thursday, July 4, 2024

Happy Independence Day!

 This is a special day for us because one of our sons was born on the 4th of July - quite a few years ago - not telling you how many!  We wish we could see him today, but he lives in Florida and we live in Oregon.  We hope to be able to go there soon.

I have a few patriotic quilts hanging and took pictures to show you.




I've also been doing a lot of sewing lately.  I finally finished this baby quilt - the pattern is in a book about Beatrix Potter. I think I showed it before, but it wasn't finished then.  I just finished doing some more quilting in each hexagon this morning and I'm happy that it is finished.


Another project was for a wedding gift for a relative and I made these table runners from a set of fat quarters.  The one on the left was mailed for the wedding and the one on the right might be entered in the county fair at the end of the month.  I also have almost enough blocks for a donation quilt (only 5 more to go), am almost finished with a "Trail Mix" quilt which is very scrappy and big and at least 2 other quilts started.  How come there is only 24 hours in a day?

I used to do a lot of cross stitching and when I got involved in quilting, I didn't do much, but I recently got the urge and I made these 2 small designs.  I might order 2 more from this designer.


The last cross stitching project that I had been working on before getting side tracked in quilting is below.  I didn't finish it and when I decided to do more stitching, I looked for it - everywhere I could think of.  I finally found it with the pattern and all the floss just waiting for me to work on it again.  I haven't done anything with it yet, but would like to finish it.  It is the second one by the same designer that I did and both of them have quilts in them.  At that time, before I started actually making quilts, I was already obsessed with them.


This is what it will look like when finished.


Last Sunday the Hubby and I went out to eat on the roof top of a local hotel.  It was such a beautiful day and the scenery was gorgeous.  We live about 1 1/2 Miles from the hotel.


We had to wear our sunglasses even though it was cloudy.
I just had to take a picture of the horse and carriage.  I asked the owner how much he charged for a ride and he said he will take a donation!  I was pretty surprised and would like to have a ride in it some day.  



I hope your summer isn't too hot.  We are supposed to get into the upper 90's this weekend.  I'm not too happy with that.  Thanks for visiting!






1 comment:

  1. Happy 4th July to you all and happy birthday to your son. Your projects are fabulous Ruth! A rooftop lunch on a nice day with great views. Living the good life.

    ReplyDelete