Friday, January 8, 2021

BACK TO NORMAL?

 

I mentioned in my last post that my sister was visiting.  Well, she left on Monday, January 4.  We exchanged some small gifts and the picture below shows a couple of the gifts.  On the left is her gift to me, which is a kit to make a mini flag.  And on the right is my gift to her, a mini flag that I paper pieced (the pattern was in a magazine that I won a few years ago from Janet.  Isn't it funny that our minds were in sync!


This picture was taken when we went to Oregon City and were walking on the promenade and park above the Willamette River which you can see in the background.




Part of my getting "Back to Normal" was getting back to doing some sewing.  I made this block from Lori Holt's tutorial "Sew your Stash" which is available on YouTube.  I love this block and decided to make a lap quilt with Christmas fabric.  


Yesterday, I made a few more.  These measure at 12 1/2".



I actually did a tiny bit of sewing while my sister was here.  I made a new ironing board cover (made from a canvas type fabric) for my vintage ironing board.  I have had this wooden ironing board for many years.  It is very sturdy and even though I also have a ironing board cover on a chest of drawers, I usually have this one set up.  Mainly,  because the other one always has stuff sitting on it.  



I'm still contemplating posts about last years quilting and this years goals.  I better get busy with it if I plan to do that.  I do enjoy seeing other quilters' reports.  

My Christmas decorations are gradually getting put away.  I have enjoyed them since before Thanksgiving and now it is time to get the house back to normal.



4 comments:

  1. Your little flag turned out very cute, Ruth. That is pretty funny that the two of you gifted on the same theme.
    Looks like a lovely place for a walk in the brisk air.
    Really liking your Christmas star blocks. That will be a great holiday lap quilt.
    Such a cool vintage ironing board. I would want that up all the time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth me encanta tu post, me encantan los regalos y me hace sonreír, esto que cuentas.
    A mi hermana y a mi nos ocurre muchas veces su hijo dice (que estamos clonadas)
    delicioso paseo
    Cuídate

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet that you and your sister were on the same wavelength. Glad you were able to spend some time together. Those Christmas Stars are going to make a gorgeous quilt. Still using my mum's ironing board (next model down from yours - powder coated metal) and well-made with good quality materials. Not like the ones you find in shops today. A smaller version for the sewing room is on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your sis look a lot alike!

    ReplyDelete