Saturday, September 22, 2018

SEPTEMBER 22?!?!? WHAT HAPPENED?

Can you believe this?  September will be over a week from tomorrow!!  I must be having too much fun or something - the time is just flying by!

Last year I bought the Quilt Sampler magazine as I always do and in the Spring/Summer 2017 edition, on page 78, I saw a table runner named "Topsy Turvy" that I really liked.  It was from Quilt Haven on Main in Hutchinson, Minnesota.  It only took me a little over a year to finally get around to making it.  It is a paper piecing pattern - not my favorite thing, but not too bad.  First I made one out of civil war reproductions.



Then I decided to make one with Christmas fabrics and I just finished that top.


I also decided to make this "Welcome Wagon Quilted Door Hanger" that is in the Simple Graces book by Kim Diehl on page 88.  I love her designs and I decided to make a couple of these to keep one and give one away.  This is the front section that I have done for 2 of them.  I still have to put them together and make tassels for them.


Does your local quilt shop carry this magazine - Country Pleasures?  It is free at our LQS and it has quilting events (and other crafts) as well as a free block each month.


This is from the May 2018 copy and I decided to use it in a Christmas lap quilt that I am making.


The green blocks are the Disappearing Pinwheel Trinket Box and the red blocks are the Disappearing Pinwheel Roundabout from the June 2018 issues.  The blocks go together quickly and are 14" square, so I didn't need to make a lot of them.  The lap quilt measures 55" x 55".  It isn't quilted yet.


Here's a close-up of the fabrics.


l'm sorry I've been so slack at blogging recently.  I've just been so busy with quilting for craft shows as well as family.  This next week there is a large quilt show in Portland - Northwest Quilting Expo - that I plan to attend, so I will have pictures to post.

Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. cute projects and love the christmas-y blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is indeed flying! So has the rain been flying around these parts! 5" in my back yard last night, just 12 hours! My rain gauge was level full; no way to know how much more fell! Your Topsy Turvy blocks are so cute, and so are the disappearing blocks. I love the pretty little yo-yo blocks; they are really special! Glad to have you and our Aussie friend both back! I'll be back before long. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry --- I hit Send too soon. I really like the Christmas fabrics! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as you're making things you love the time does fly by! As far as this summer goes, I'm happy for the cooler drier weather, as we've had a very rainy, hot and muggy summer. September and October are happy months for me as the leaves begin to change and our hillsides come alive with blazing color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both table runners are beautiful! The repro fabrics look brighter than most I've seen, so much more cheerful than it might have been. And the Christmas one will surely make your table look festive this winter! The welcome blocks are sweet and I love the yo-yes in there. I'm glad you're back to blogging - summer can steal time without us noticing, but these cooler months we tend to stay inside more, so hopefully more quilting time for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ruth, you don’t need to be excused! It’s been worth the wait as you have found some terrific patterns and made lovely projects. Good grief Christmas - that reminds me that I need to finish some zippered pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your table runners and Christmas sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the one in repro fabrics, it is so cute. The Christmas one is very pretty, too. I like the pattern you used. The Welcome door hangers are adorable, too. Love all that you have been working on!

    ReplyDelete