Tuesday, August 21, 2018

PROGRESS???

The time is going faster than ever.  And I have been busy with another craft show at the Harvest Fest that took place this past weekend at the Yamhill Valley Heritage Museum.  It is a wonderful facility displaying the history of the area and demonstrating typical methods of harvesting - this weekend anyway.  And, it's only about a mile from my house!

In between sewing items to sell, I have worked on this Christmas wall hanging.  I basted it, along with several other things, a while ago and have done some quilting on it.



Here's a close up of the quilting on the lower section.  I still need to quilt the car, trailer, trees and the "snowballs" under the words.  I'm determined to get it finished before Christmas this year.  Last year, I gave up on it when we decided that we would spend Christmas in Florida.


Another large project is Bonnie Hunter's Bowdacious quilt that I decided to make for my 9 year old DG (who lives in Florida).  I plan to get it finished before early October so I can show it at my guild meeting.  In later October, I will be traveling to Florida again and we will celebrate Christmas early while there in Florida, as this year we will be home for Christmas.

Below are the latest block sections that I have been working on.  And I just now noticed that the lower right one needs to be fixed!  Oops!


Below are all the blocks that I have finished so far.  I need 40 of these.  I needed 15 more when I took this out last week, and now I have finished 2 and have 2 more almost done.  Each completed block has these 4 sections (like the ones above), and has 53 pieces.  I had decided to make this quilt after participating in Bonnie Hunter's Virginia Bound workshop in Texas and seeing this quilt that she showed us along with other quilts of hers.


I sorry that I haven't been blogging as much lately.  The time just isn't lasting as long lately.  

9 comments:

  1. A girl can only do so much!! Sounds to me as if you burn the candle at both ends. :-)
    You certainly accomplish a lot of beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Christmas quilt, it is so cute with the camper on it! It would definitely be fun to have finished to display this year! All those little bow tie blocks are so fun and colorful. It will be a fun quilt for your DG! Time does seem to fly, so much to do and never enough time for it all! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Christmas quilt ans the quilting is beautiful. The bows quilt will be appreciated, I am sure. I'm looking forward to seeing the final quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Merry Christmas wall hanging is so cute, and your quilting looks really nice! Your Bonnie Hunter quilt blocks are looking good also. That's lots of little pieces to cut and put together! Glad you are having so much fun with your craft shows and sales. Don't worry about lack of blogs; I think lots of us are having the same lack of time problem. Mine mostly is that it takes me three or four times longer to do anything! I get so frustrated, and I'm sure my friends do too, having to wait on me. Oh well; I just do the best I can. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to hear from you. Your projects are wonderful. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas Wall Hanging is looking great. Good for you to actually getting it done for Christmas. What a concept. My Christmas quilts re all still flimsies. :)
    Bowdacious is a fun design. You are really coming along with it. The sweet pink stripes between the bow ties give it a girlish feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Bonnie Hunter blocks are fantastic. What a lovely quilt they are going to make. Nice quilting on your Christmas project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a charming Christmas hanging. the quilting looks great.
    I've never seen that double 4-patch setting - very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your show was successful!

    ReplyDelete