Wednesday, July 5, 2017

2 SMALL FINISHES!

 This is a baby quilt that I am going to keep "on hand" for future possible needs.  Most of the fabrics for it were either from the scrap chest at my LQS  (polka dots) or from garage sale purchases (backings).


I love the panel that I put on the back.



This one is my Round Robin from my quilt guild last year (Sept, 2016 - May 2017).  I made the center block and then didn't see it until May when we all received our RRs back.  Again, I was amazed at how nice it came out!


The red backing was from a garage sale - perfect size!


Here is a short video of the robins nest with Mrs. Robin and her babies in it.  It took me a few seconds to get them in the right place, but towards the end it is pretty good.





I think the babies are getting ready to fledge any day now.  Hope I get to see them leaving the nest.

6 comments:

  1. I love it when something so pretty and useful comes from scraps.
    Your round robin quilt is a real winner.
    Really fun to see the robins. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your round robin quilt. How sweet to have the babies so close. We had a robin make a nest in the bushes in front of our house. They were to hard to see but we could hear them crying to be fed. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your round robin quilt is lovely and the backing fabric is spot on (chuckle). Great use for the panel too. Dang those birds chicks are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. two great finishes! I too love the backing panel - what a fun surprise and very cute.
    Smart to keep a baby quilt "on deck"
    loved the video!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baby quilt is adorable, such bright, happy colors. Love the round robin quilt, your friends know you well and made a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this post??? I'm so glad I found it tonight! I probably need to tuck a baby quilt back somewhere too, but I hope it's a little bit early. Your Round Robin came back looking really great! That baby robin was really letting mama know he was hungry, wasn't he? Thanks for sharing that video. (I don't know how to do that; need to learn.) Still can't believe I didn't see this post! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete